Documenting Life on our small holding. Follow the adventures with our animals from birth through to meat production curing of hams, creating bacon, etc, experimenting with producing as much as we can from our little farm. Experience real quality of life. All the ups and downs including Planning permission wars....



Just an everyday walk with the kids!!

Monday 5 July 2010

Only 1 day left untill the hearing!!!!!

only 1 day to the hearing.... have woke up shattered again!!! toady we need to put the storage yard tidy, plant some plants put the green house glass in and im sure i'll find loads more to do...lol

Looks like the weather is going to be nice. Last night we had a huge bonfire, burning all the tree roots and dead trees that we had saved for our log burner, quite sad to see it all go up in smoke with out any benifit, other than being tidy for the council... In one of there last letters they brought up the log piles, what idiots, what harm can it be providing a wildlife haven, which DEFRA actually incourages us to do.... Any how i've thought about it and  decided the garden can benifit from all the ash created, so not totally a   waste.

Have left out for the neighbour some fence netting that is no good to us but he can use it for his donkeys.. 

I'm just so tired and Dead almost numb to tommorows hearing, I think its my body protecting me from worry, I just keep working from 8 in the morning till 11 at night stopping for 10 mins to wolf down a sandwich. I still not loosing any weight though, not fair!!

Babe the pig stil hasnt poppped, she is exceedingly comfy in her quarters, may be too comfy, I cant believe she can go on many more days as she will burst!!

It will be just my luck for her to go into labour the minute the hearing starts, I wonder whether that would bring it to a stop as there is supposed to be nothing able to stop it now.....


Oh I just want to sleep, we still have no car it blew up 2 weeks ago, but we have had too much on our mibd with all of this to eve think about Joe fixing it, the big end has gone, I think my big end will give up soon too.

I found a referance to this mad woman running a funny farm on the small holder site last night called Pig in mud! self sufficiency!! yes thats me, i'm famous! lol even more pressure..

Right Imust go and find some energy from somewhere and go and work... Bye

 

 

2 comments:

  1. hi how are your blue jersey giant cockeral and black jersey giant hen.vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the hearing go? hope all ok

    ReplyDelete