Documenting Life on our small holding. Follow the adventures with our animals from birth through to meat production curing of hams, creating bacon, etc, experimenting with producing as much as we can from our little farm. Experience real quality of life. All the ups and downs including Planning permission wars....



Just an everyday walk with the kids!!

Monday 4 April 2011

SLAUGHTER HOUSE CRUELTY

 Local abbatoirs bad behaiviour.

SICKENING SLAUGHTERHOUSE CRUELTY

I have just googled to check out more info, and its rife, cruelty that animals endure to give us meat.... I wish I could do something to change things... why cant we have the right to have a traveling slaughter man again, like in the old days, a fully licened kind man, that you contact and therefore vet, choose to bring onto your farm and responsibly kill your meat animals.... its enough to make you go vegitarian, How dare people abuse your carefully reared livestock, and undo all your love that you have put into them, I thought I was being responsible, rearing and slaughtering my own meat and not going to Tescos etc for meat that I had no idea of ther animal welfare situation, just for it all to go wrong out of your hands at the final mins of life..... take a look at yesterdays blog about the ordeal at the local abbatoir.. thanks for listening..x

No comments:

Post a Comment