Documenting Life on our small holding. Follow the adventures with our animals from birth through to meat production curing of hams, creating bacon, etc, experimenting with producing as much as we can from our little farm. Experience real quality of life. All the ups and downs including Planning permission wars....



Just an everyday walk with the kids!!

Monday 7 February 2011

What a paoinful day....

I had a call from my doctor this morning.....
 It was bad news.... its going to change my life....

I've been having problems with my back and neck for a while, as  bad as Joe having to lift me out of bed and turn me every 10 mins throughout the night... Its been hell, I've been in so much pain, sometimes I'm ok, but others I'm in accute uselessness!! its been coming on every 3 to 6 months..

Any how Doc said I have athritus is my neck, with degenerating discs, lumpy growths in a couple of places, I've been told i'll never ride a horse again, I'm to have a gentle life, I'm not to lift heavy objects etc etc.... love me and give up my unusual life ....
I spent the morning sobbing, she told me I would end up in a wheel chair, and that I need to go in in the next 48 hours to discuss everything and get xrays on my painful hands and my poorly hips, .... lots of things are going through my head is this genetics??? is this my fault??? anyhow I made an appointment at the chiropractor and she worked wonders she also gave me acupuncture and told me she felt I should enjoy my life and carry on, keep active and fit, dont worry about wheel chairs and even horse ride if I want.....

Well the acupuncture was fantastic, I cheared up immensly and I have decided to be careful, but will carry on enjoying my life and being self sufficient.....

Got a new car today so that will be my distraction and I will try not to take any more Diazapan, they work wonders for releasing the muscles, but there just arent any good for you... I'm off now bye!  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment